Monday, August 5, 2013

teen visitors

My New York sister is out visiting. She came up with my step mom for an overnight. The fair was in town so we went down to see the animals, and ride the rides, and ( my personal favorite) eat fair food. We had a blast. My step mom and I enjoyed walking the different booths and seeing the local art and 4 H submissions. I enjoyed the chicken barn immensely

I ordered Gyros and hot dogs and hamburgers and flannel cakes and ice cream. Of course I shared everything with the boys. I just like to have a couple of bites then pass it on. I even ordered food that my step mom could eat from a vendor, toppings  for a salad.  She has health concerns and is a very difficult person to feed. We have all figured out what she can eat and just take the matter into our own hands rather than have her try and figure out what is available that she can eat.

The boys climbed the climbing wall. Trevor did it barefoot, which was excruciatingly painful, but he had worn  flip flops, which are not good for climbing walls.

WE watched the Derby, where cars battle it out by crashing into each other. We have decided my nephew is not Derby material as, for the second year in a row, he started crying when his particular favorite car crashed and was knocked out of the race. He totally misses the point of the smash up bash up being the fun part.

I got a call that one of Riley's old friends was in town and wanted to know if he could come play for a few days. He is dropped at the fair with suitcase in hand. Riley takes him to the car to leave his case and they come back for more rides and food.

We stay until the fair closes for the night. We all have a lovely time. A perfect day of sun and fun and family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment