Monday, August 5, 2013

car shopping

OK . We are big people. We are physically big people. Trev is over 240 pounds and six three and still growing at not quite 16. We do not fit in little interior spaces with sloping roof lines in the back and no leg room in the back seat.

Shopping cars is work. I find I like the boxy look to allow for the interior head room and I want cargo space for my work suitcase of samples and the case of molds.  What I like and what Tom likes are turning out to be two different designs of cars. We both agree to better gas mileage. But for the space I need, I am finding I need a shape Tom thinks is a joke.

I looked at the Ford focus. I couldn't fit my clubs in the trunk without folding down the seats, let alone loading it up with my work cases. I did look at the Toyota Scion and the Cube (can't even remember the manufacturer) . The shape works. The cube may be ugly on the outside but when you get into the car the capacity for its size is amazing. Good gas mileage also. Tom asked if I was joking, when I sent him pictures of the cars.

I am going to look at Chevy's HHR and a couple of other cars as I try to find what I want. I know it is out there someplace. If I could just shrink my jeep and get the mileage, I would have my car.  The other problem is having ground clearance. Many of these cars ride low. I am bottoming out on my low riding Taurus upon occasion. I would like to find something that can get down awkward driveways or gravel roads, as that may happen with some patients.

I am looking. I know when I see the car it will speak to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment